when only the best will do
EnerLux fiberglass casement windows are some of the highest performing fiberglass windows available today. With the help of some of the top minds in the fiberglass fenestration industry and implementing the highest quality components on the market we ensure that our products will perform over the lifetime of your home.
Benefits of EnerLux Fiberglass Casement Windows
VIRTUALLY NO AIR AND WATER INFILTRATION
- Pultruded fiberglass frame and sash with corners that are silicone sealed and chemically bonded together utilizing our proprietary Super Strength Corner (S2C) System. Allowing for no air or water to enter through the window at the corners, a vulnerable place on windows.
- Triple weather-striping and multi-point locking system allows our fiberglass casement windows to be closed tightly providing air-tight and water-tight perimeter.
UPGRADED FOR EFFICIENCY AND DURABILITY
- More Space for Argon: 1” insulated glass unit for double pane and 1 3/8” IG unit for triple pane allowing more space between panes to be filled with Argon or Krypton gas.
- Thicker Glass: Minimum 3.99 mm glass thickness which gives the window more sound proofing characteristics and increased energy efficiency.
- Casement Strength: Our fiberglass casement windows can be built 30% larger than other material casement windows due to fiberglass being 8 times stronger than vinyl and twice as strong as aluminum. This is also possible due to our Super Strength Corner System and worldwide leading Roto hardware.
- Foam Filled Frames: Improve the energy efficiency and quietness of the window.
- FlexScreen with BetterVue mesh: comes standard on all fiberglass casement windows to provide a seamless transition between the window and the screen with no visible frame.
- 2” Profile: Our casement profile and fixed casement profile appear 100% symmetrical with a 2” profile and the fixed casement uses a wool pile weatherstrip on the exterior of the frame
Why choose fiberglass casement windows over single or double hung windows?
If you want a quick read, to sum it up, casement windows are much more energy efficient than single and double hung windows. But keep reading for a little more in-depth information. At EnerLux, our focus is to provide our customers with the highest performing and most energy efficient windows on the market. In order to do this, we have put many different things in place such as using fiberglass, the most energy efficient material for windows, using worldwide leading hardware, and using the best glass packages on the market. The materials of the windows are definitely the most important piece to this puzzle, however, there is one other thing we decided to do to make sure all our windows have optimal energy efficiency once being installed in your home. Manufacturing and selling the most energy efficient type of windows, casements and awnings.
The casement window is the superior window for energy efficiency regarding windows that open. With a multi-lock system and triple weather stripping, the window is pulled in and sealed tightly, virtually eliminating all water and air infiltration. When a casement window is open, it provides optimal ventilation. Unlike hung and slider windows, the entire window opens to allow a nice breeze in your home. Casement windows also allow for a better view ofthe outdoors, not having a bulky frame in the middle of the window like hung windows.
Single and double hung windows are not as tightly sealed which will cause more air and water infiltration into your home. This is due to the windows sliding vertically to lock instead of being pulled inward. Since the windows meet in the middle, one is set further inside so when the wind is blowing it will be easier to have a draft or water to get inside. The maintenance of hung windows is much higher than on casement windows due to the pulley mechanisms which can stiffen or rust over time.
Fiberglass Casement Windows 3D Navigator
View more detailed drawings of our Casement and Awning windows, click here.